Premium
This is an archive article published on September 21, 2000

Moin to lead Pak

KARACHI, SEPTEMBER 20: Pakistani wicket-keeper Moin Khan will lead a 14-member squad named on Wednesday for the ICC Knock-out tournament s...

.

KARACHI, SEPTEMBER 20: Pakistani wicket-keeper Moin Khan will lead a 14-member squad named on Wednesday for the ICC Knock-out tournament scheduled for October 3-15 in Kenya, Cricket Board officials said.

Moin Khan, who regains the captaincy, missed last month’s tri-series in Singapore due to injury. Fast bowler Waqar Younis led the team in his place.

Also back in the squad are allrounder Wasim Akram– rejoining after a month’s rest– and off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq who has taken over 66 wickets this season while playing for county champions Surrey.

Middle order batsman Younis Khan has been dropped and replaced by Faisal Iqbal, who played in the One-day International against Sri Lanka earlier this year.

Meanwhile, the PCB chief Lt Gen Tauqir Zia pulled up chief selector Wasim Bari for the leakage of the 14-member squad for the Nairobi ICC Knock-out tournament.

Tauqir was angered to see the list of team members being published in the local media, and apparently called up Bari in Karachi to express his disappointment, The News reported on Wednesday.

PCB chairman is believed to have told Bari that he could not understand how it (the team) was leaked out when there were just five members present at the selection committee meeting.

Story continues below this ad

Team: Imran Nazi, Saeed Anwar, Ejaz Ahmed, Inzimamul Haq (vice-captain), Yousaf Yohana, Wasim Akram, Moin Khan (captain), Arshad Khan, Waqar Younis, Abdul Razzak, Azhar Mahmood, Salim Elahi, Saqlain Mushataq and Faisal Iqbal.

 

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement