Click here to follow Screen Digital on YouTube and stay updated with the latest from the world of cinema.
Police begins inquiry into sexual harassment allegations against Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah producer
The Powai police in Mumbai had earlier received an email from the Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actor complaining against the show's producer and two crew members.
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has been running on TV since 2008. Mumbai police has started an inquiry into the complaint of sexual harassment filed by a Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah actor against producer Asit Kumarr Modi and two crew members, an official said here on Friday.
The producer has denied the allegations, claiming that the actor was let go from the show due to misbehaviour.
A First Information Report (FIR) will be registered after statements of those named in the complaint are recorded, the police official added.
The Powai police in Mumbai had earlier received an email from the actor complaining about the producer and two crew members.
They have now received a written complaint in which the actor has levelled allegations of sexual harassment, the official said.
The written complaint, received by police on May 8, came from the National Commission for Women (NCW) which the actor had approached seeking justice, he said.
The actor claimed that the producer “sexually harassed” her on multiple occasions over the last few years.
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, which started airing in 2008, is one of the longest-running sitcoms in Indian television history. It also features popular actors Dilip Joshi, Munmun Dutta and Mandar Chandwadkar.


- 01
- 02
- 03
- 04
- 05




























