Click here to follow Screen Digital on YouTube and stay updated with the latest from the world of cinema.
Ranveer Allahbadia loses followers, likely to lose brands; ‘Flying Beast’ Gaurav Taneja says ‘Samay Raina won’t stop till he gets YouTube India cancelled’
Ranveer Allahbadia is in huge trouble after his 'distasteful' comments on Samay Raina's YouTube show India's Got Latent. Here's everything you need to know.
Ranveer Allahabadia to lose brands, followers. (Photo: Ranveer Allahabadia/Instagram)Trouble is mounting for podcasters and YouTubers Ranveer Allahbadia and Samay Raina as the ‘sex with parents’ joke made by the former on the show India’s Got Latent went viral. While political leaders, influencers and actors criticised the ‘crass and irresponsible’ comment, the episode of Samay’s show — which is members only — was taken down by YouTube India on the Indian government’s directive. Mutiple police complaints and an FIR has been lodged against Ranveer — also known as Beer Biceps — and Samay, as well as fellow judges on the show, Apoorva Makhija, Ashish Chanchlani, Jaspreet Singh, and its makers.
In the show, Allahabadia was heard saying, “Would you rather watch your parents have sex every day for the rest of your life or join in once and stop it forever.” The controversy has also seen a sharp decline in the followers of Ranveer, who has lost over 8,000 followers on various platforms since the controversy began.
According to an influencer marketing intelligence platform, Qoruz, Ranveer’s personal account with his name has lost about 4153 followers on Instagram, whereas his account with the name BeerBiceps lost 4205 followers. This controversy will also cost him subscribers, and brand deals. Previously, he has collaborated with brands like Spotify, Mountain Dew, Amazon Prime Video, Intel, and Wow Skin Science, among others.
AICWA to not support Ranveer, Samay
On February 10, the All Indian Cine Workers Association condemned the “reprehensible and offensive remarks” made on India’s Got Latent. In a statement against the show, its host Samay Raina and YouTuber Ranveer Allahbadia, AICWA said, “AICWA unequivocally denounces and will never support such despicable shows. Our industry has always stood against content that promotes disrespect and undermines societal harmony.”
Boycotting the show, the association further said, “We call upon all actors, filmmakers, directors, and technicians to immediately cease any collaboration with individuals involved in this show, including host Samay Raina and Ranveer Allahbadia. Henceforth, these individuals will receive no support from the Indian film industry.”
B Praak slams Ranveer
Singer B Praak, who was scheduled to appear on Ranveer Allahabadia’s podcast took to his Instagram handle to share that he would not appear on his podcast. In a comment on an Instagram post, B Praak wrote, “I was about to go on Ranveer’s podcast but now i will not after his pathetic thinking and words dosto dekhlo yeh wohi hai. Who promotes Sanatan Dharam and talks about spirituality hats off to his thinking about parents and spoiling our Indian culture. Chose your Idols carefully.”
Politicians demand action
This controversy has also united politicians from different political parties who demanded for a stricter action against these YouTubers.
Congress MP Gaurav Gogoi took to his X handle and requested Prime Minister Modi to look closely at people he has endorsed publicly. His X post read, “I hope PM Modi will look more closely at the people he has endorsed publicly and on social media. In his personal life, he is welcome to support whoever he likes, but the Prime Minister of India must be expected to be more responsible.”
The Congress leader was referring to Ranveer Allahbadia getting the ‘Disruptor of the Year’ award from the Prime Minister in March last year at the National Creators Award 2024.
Apart from Gogoi, Shiva Sena (UBT) leader Priyanka Chaturvedi suggested that the panel should summon the famous YouTuber. Taking to X, she wrote, “Any abusive language in the name of comedy content crosses limits is not acceptable . You get a platform, that doesn’t mean that you will utter anything. He is someone with millions of subscribers, every political has sat in his podcast. PM has given him an award. As a member of standing committee of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, I will raise this issue,” Priyanka Chaturvedi wrote on X.”
Influential people against Ranveer-Samay
Several influential people like Thyrocare founder Dr A Velumani also criticised the comments by Samay Raina and Ranveer Allahbadia. Taking to his X handle, Velumani wrote, “I repeat it is not comedy. It is vulgarity. Good it busted. Comedians Crossing all Limits of Decency. Do not laugh at disgusting content. #RanveerAllahbadia should be boycotted. Such channels should be banned.”
Popular YouTuber and fitness influencer Gaurav Taneja aka Flying Beast too reacted to the controversy and wrote on X, “Seems like #SamayRaina won’t stop until he gets all of YouTube India canceled.”
Post the controversy, Ranveer Allahabadia took to his Instagram handle to share a video. In the video, he apologised for his comment and said, “Comedy is not my forte. Just here to say sorry.” He added, “I promise to just get better. Have asked the makers of the video to remove the insensitive sections from the video.”
FIRs against YouTubers
The controversy has also attracted several FIRs and summons. The Assam Police on Monday filed a case against Ranveer and the other influencers present in the video including Ashish Chanchlani, Jaspreet Singh, Apoorva Makhija and others for promoting obscenity. The news was confirmed by Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Additionally, a complaint was filed with the Mumbai Police Commissioner and the Maharashtra Women’s Commission in which the complainant alleged that the show used abusive language as well as made obscene remarks about women.
Now, the Mumbai police has reportedly summoned both Ranveer and Samay. While, Ranveer issued a public apology, Samay is yet to comment on the controversy. He is currently in the USA and on a tour for his comedy show. He recently performed at San Jose Civic in California and shared pictures. He is scheduled to perform in Washington DC on February 13 and New Jersey on February 14.
People against government intervention
While majority of people are against the YouTuber, the founder of CAREERS 360 took to his LinkedIn profile and said, “Samay Raina’s show was a comedy show. It was for members only. The members were paid members. It was subscription based. There wasn’t any threat. It was not forced. There was no hate. People paid to hear such comedy. The language used is regularly spoken on the streets. No one in the audience complained. No one was abused. None was hurt.”
He condemned State’s intervention and wrote, “It is time we draw a line where the state can use its force against any speech. Especially, when it is in comedy or any other art form. When we become the cheer leaders for such state intervention, the fine line will someday get extended and devour us too.”


- 01
- 02
- 03
- 04
- 05





























