Premium
This is an archive article published on November 4, 2010

We are not involved in abduction of IB officer: Maoist leader

The Maoist leader denied a hand behind abduction of intelligence officer from Purulia district.

Refuting reports that Maoists had abducted an intelligence officer from Purulia district,their leader on Thursday denied a hand in the incident.

“We have come to know from the media that an intelligence branch inspector and a school teacher have been abducted,but we are not involved,” a letter signed by Maoist leader Bikram,sent to the media,said.

Maoist leader Kishenji has also said that he had no information about the abduction of the two persons.

Claiming that the Maoists were being blamed for an abduction carried out by others,Bikram claimed it could have occurred “because of internal differences within the police.”

It said that the Maoist were also “investigating” the matter.

Intelligence Branch Inspector Partha Biswas and his friend Soumyajit Basu,a school teacher,were kidnapped on October 22 from Ayodhya hills in Purulia district.

The police have given a mobile number 9051399183 and a telephone number 2214-5486 for information about the two,but so far there has been no response.

Story continues below this ad

In the letter,Bikram warned of action against the police for allegedly engaging NGOs for collecting information about Maoists.

Alleging that the police were using the cover of NGOs for carrying out operations,Bikram said,”We would like to warn the police that such acts will invite strong action on our part.”

Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Loading Taboola...
Advertisement