Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram

US on Pahalgam Terror Attack News: The United States said it is closely monitoring the escalating tensions between India and Pakistan following a recent terror attack in Kashmir’ Pahalgam, urging both countries to work towards a “responsible solution”. In an emailed statement to Reuters, a US State Department spokesperson said, “This is an evolving situation and we are monitoring developments closely. We have been in touch with the governments of India and Pakistan at multiple levels.”
The statement came in response to the April 22 terrorist attack in Pahalgam, where gunmen opened fire on a group of tourists, killing 26 civilians and injuring several others. The Resistance Front (TRF), a proxy group linked to the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba, claimed responsibility for the attack.
The US government, while publicly backing India, has refrained from directly criticising Pakistan. President Donald Trump and Vice President JD Vance have both condemned the attack, affirming US solidarity with India.
In the wake of the attack, India blamed Pakistan for supporting militant groups operating across the border — a charge Pakistan has denied, calling for a neutral investigation instead. Diplomatic tensions escalated, with India suspending the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty and Pakistan closing its airspace to Indian airlines. Exchanges of fire were also reported along the de facto border in Kashmir .
Prime Minister Narendra Modi vowed severe action against those responsible. “Those who planned and carried out the Kashmir attack will be punished beyond their imagination,” Modi said.
Meanwhile, Pakistani officials maintain their innocence, warning against unilateral accusations without evidence.
Speaking aboard Air Force One earlier on Friday, Trump downplayed the likelihood of US intervention. “They’ll get it figured out one way or the other,” he told reporters. “There’s great tension between Pakistan and India, but there always has been.”
While acknowledging the history of conflict over Kashmir, Trump declined to say whether he would contact the leaders of India and Pakistan directly to help de-escalate the situation.
Former US State Department spokesperson Ned Price warned that the Trump administration’s deepening partnership with India could embolden New Delhi. “If India feels that the Trump administration will back it to the hilt no matter what, we could be in store for more escalation and more violence between these nuclear-armed neighbours,” Price said, as per Reuters.
(With inputs from Reuters)
Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram