Avinash Nair

Articles By Avinash Nair

Dinosaur park among 30 projects getting ready for PM Modi’s visit

Last year on October 31, PM Modi inaugurated the Statue of Unity.

Gujarat: 1,269 child labourers rescued in five years

A total of 2,997 raids were conducted under the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act (1986) across the state between 2013 and 2018, states a written reply tabled earlier this year by the Gujarat government.

Gujarat: 40 industrial units affected by floodwaters, GIDC survey to assess damage

“We are presently conducting a survey of all the units that have been affected by the flood. Only once the survey is complete, can we arrive at an estimate of the losses,” the official said.

Gujarat: ‘Redevelopment cost of Gandhinagar railway station shot up by 150%’

The ministry holds a 26 per cent equity stake through the Indian Railway State Development Corporation Limited (IRSDC), while the state government owns the remaining 74 percent stake in the firm.

Six years after protesting and exiting MBSIR, 7 villages now want back in

‘Japan International Cooperation Agency gives Rs 360 cr loan to develop infrastructure for Phase-I’

Explained: What is the Dholera Special Investment Region, why is it significant?

The Dholera Special Investment Region is one of the several greenfield cities that have been planned on the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).

Dholera Special Investment Region: Gujarat government offers 50% discount on land to boost investment

The Dholera SIR project has been in the pipeline for over a decade now.

Gujarat Assembly: Two bills to rein in water thefts passed, ‘black law’, says Congress

Opposing The Gujarat Irrigation and Drainage (Amendment) Bill 2019, several Congress MLAs staged a walkout on the last day of the Budget session.

Gujarat: 1,127 officials held for taking bribes, highest in Ahmedabad

Ahmedabad accounts for over 14 per cent of the arrests, as 161 government servants were caught taking bribes, data tabled in reply to an unstarred question by Congress MLA from Siddhpur, Chandanji Thakor, showed.

Gujarat: Industrial accidents killed 989 in 5 years

The largest number of workers died inside industrial units in Surat district, 163, which alone accounts for 16.5 per cent of the deaths.

Juvenile fishing near Gujarat coast affecting catch size: CMFRI

A decline in mean size of fish will lead to the decrease in relative number of larger specimens, which experts say is a “negative sign” for the fisheries sector, as larger individuals have higher reproductive potential

GIFT — a city waits to unwrap

GIFT City project where an estimated Rs 11,000 crore has been invested is at a cusp as joint-venture partner, Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services, is about to exit as first residents move in; Mumbai-based RBSA Advisors to evaluate stake

Army proposes to set up firing range at Dholera SIR

The 200 square kilometres of land that has been identified for the range is "mostly" government-owned and is closer to the seashore.

Gujarat: Preservation of fish using formalin flagged at meet

After this issue came to light, CIFT in July 2018 developed an easy-to-use kit to detect the presence of formalin in fish. Since then, Mumbai-based HiMedia Laboratories, to which the technology was licenced, has been producing and marketing the kit.

This year, Gujarat govt will provide over 62% of 60,000 jobs planned for 3 years, says GAD

According to official sources, a lion's share of the recruitment during the current year will be conducted by the Gujarat Police Recruitment Board and the Gujarat Subordinate Service Selection Board.

Budget 2019: Tax-holiday for GIFT City extended to 10 years to attract investment

A dream project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, when he was Gujarat Chief Minister, GIFT city houses the first IFSC in the country.

Gujarat Rajya Sabha polls today: Single polling booth with two divisions set up for election

The voting process is expected to be keenly watched for possibilities of cross-voting, especially from among Congress MLAs. Congress has herded over 60 of its MLAs to a resort in Palanpur, in a bid to prevent chances of horse-trading.

Gujarat: 413 lions died in 5 years, 35% from illness

Illness among lions also accounted for 45% of the 145 lion cub deaths between 2013-18.

Explained: Why Gujarat Budget puts extra focus on water management, solar energy

Aiming to provide tap water to each and every household by 2022 under "Nal se Jal" scheme, Gujarat has already put in place its treated wastewater reuse policy while eight sea-water desalination plants are in the pipeline.

Gujarat: Kharif sowing rises in rain-deficient areas

According to the figures available with the state agriculture department, Kharif sowing rose to 2.07 lakh hectares by June 17, registering over 270 per cent growth in the sowing area.

Advertising
Advertising