On Thursday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is learnt to have reviewed the state of the economy with Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and top officials of the Ministry to assess measures being planned to tackle the slowdown.
There is an emerging consensus among FMCG majors that, like their automobile counterparts, the impact of the slump is more evident in rural India and that, in geographical terms, the north is the worst hit.
Industry players say the worst is still to come and that the of consumer demand and the liquidity crisis — could get prolonged as automakers compulsorily transition to new technologies, rendering their products more expensive.
Food grain stocking norms are applicable on the level of stocks in the government’s ‘central pool’ that is sufficient to meet the operational requirement of foodgrains and exigencies at any point of time.
Not just cars, sales of trucks, tractors and motorcycles too are down. The NBFC crisis has caused a liquidity crunch, and customers are postponing the decision to buy. What does this mean for the economy?
The cut in interest rates on Wednesday is the first time since the 2008 financial crisis. What is ironic is that this move comes despite a strong US economy and indicators such as job market data showing renewed buoyancy.
Days after the passage of the Finance Bill and the transfer — and resignation — of her key adviser, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman sat down for an interview at her North Block office on July 27 to National Business Editor Anil Sasi and Executive Editor (National Affairs) P Vaidyanathan Iyer.
Speaking on a broad range of issues including falling demand in rural India as reflected in tractor and commercial vehicle sales and little to no signs of revival in private investment, the Finance Minister said she was keeping a close watch on what is happening.
Dhoni’s wife Sakshi Singh Dhoni was a director and a 25 per cent shareholder in a group company called Amrapali Mahi Developers Pvt Ltd, where Amrapali Group CMD Anil Kumar Sharma held the remaining 75 per cent stake.
A top policy maker in the NDA government told The Indian Express that the surcharge will have the “most deleterious” impact on investments in the country and push out unicorns and discourage the inflow of high quality human capital that India was just beginning to attract.
Budget incentives, a mission plan, and a 2030 target show the govt’s intention to get India’s sluggish electric vehicle market going. However, from infrastructure and price bar, to policy confusion and a worried market, there is a long way to go. The Indian Express on the many speed breakers
Speaking to The Indian Express, a government official said the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, at the highest level, has made a strong pitch for designating a lead agency as the process of investigation is impeded by the selective seizing of books and other incriminating evidence.
Out of the total 1,19,743 cases of reversal of transactions recorded for eight states, Uttar Pradesh topped with reversal of 86,314 transactions, followed by Maharashtra with reversal of 32,897 transactions.
A template is likely to come from Maharashtra, where the state government has kicked off a scheme for identifying warehouses spread across various government departments and institutions, to be then taken over and managed by one nodal agency.
Union Budget 2019 Date, 5 July 2019: Expected to outline the economic trajectory of the new NDA govt, the Budget, come July 5, will be watched as much for any big ideas to kickstart growth as the government’s patchy record on fiscal prudence. The Indian Express does the maths
On May 14, Japan complained to the WTO against import duties imposed by India over the last 24 months on a wide range of electronic products such as mobile phones and components, and integrated circuits
Lok Sabha elections 2019 results: How does the BJP triumph compare with the one in 2014, which it has bettered? Where does it leave the Congress and the Left, and what is its significance for the voter?