Bodies of two men have been recovered on Sunday from a ditch in Bangladesh’s Gazipur district and bear injuries inflicted by sharp weapons, police said.
Gazipur City Councillor Md Badal Mia spotted the bodies Sunday morning at Sattarnagar area of Tongi township, said Tongi police’s Sub-Inspector Zahirul Islam.
“The bodies were pulled out. They bore injuries inflicted by sharp weapons. It seems they were murdered sometime during Saturday night,” he was quoted as saying by bdnews24.com.
- PM Modi, Hasina flag off pipeline work
- Case closed: Man who shot at Dahod businessman found dead
- Delhi Police case filed after seven puppies are killed in Dwarka housing society
- Arrested and killed: Inside Bangladesh prime minister’s war on drugs
- Bangladesh Factory Fire: Death toll rises to 31
- Bangladesh factory fire: 26 killed, 74 injured
Quoting the victims’ families, Mia said that around 12:30 am some men called Sharif out of his home.
“Jumman was picked up as he was witness to Sharif being whisked away,” he added.
It was not immediately known who the attackers were and what their motive behind the killings was.
The country has been reeling under a series of brutal high-profile assaults in recent weeks including systematic attacks especially targeting minorities, secular bloggers, intellectuals and foreigners.