A Telemundo reporter was punched in the face during a live TV broadcast in Philadelphia.
Reporter, Iris Delgado, was wrapping up a report outside City Hall on Thursday when a woman named Waheedah Wilson approached her.
Footage of the attack shows the woman tapping Delgado’s right arm and saying, “Excuse me, excuse me.” The woman then bashes Delgado in the head and slaps her face. The camera quickly cut back to the studio, where anchor Ramon Zayas says, “Ay, Dios mio,” Spanish for “Oh, my God.”.
- Colombian journalist gets ‘groped, kissed’ on LIVE TV; ‘We don’t deserve this,’ she lashes out
- Black Panther wins big at 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- Intercontinental Cup: India will pose tough challenge: New Zealand coach Fritz Schmid
- Comedian Bill Cosby convicted of drugging, molesting a woman, in retrial
- Breaking Down News: Truth or Snare
- Model says Cosby raped her; chief accuser to testify Friday
According to Telemundo the attack was unprovoked but the reporter is okay and taking some time off to recover. The Philadelphia district attorney’s office says the attacker has been charged over the assault.
Online court documents show she’s been charged with simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. No lawyer information is listed.