A nanny accused of decapitating a 4-year old girl in Moscow has said during an apparent interrogation captured on video that the killing was an act of revenge against President Vladimir Putin for Russian airstrikes in Syria.
Asked about the video, Putin’s spokesman says it’s difficult to judge the testimony of a woman he called clearly deranged. Gulchekhra Bobokulova was detained in Moscow Monday after she was seen brandishing the child’s head outside a subway station.
- Pussy Riot’s pitch invasion at World Cup final to ‘defy Vladimir Putin’: All you need to know
- Iranian leader Ayatollah’s aide hails ‘strategic’ ties with Russia before Vladimir Putin talks
- Two Britons exposed to nerve agent Novichok used on Russian spy: police
- U.S. security adviser John Bolton met Russian security official in Moscow: Report
- Taxi crashes into crowd in Moscow, injures eight: What we know so far
- Moscow: Woman arrested for murder after brandishing child’s severed head
Video footage posted online Thursday appeared to show police interrogating her. It was not clear where the video originated, and The Associated Press could not verify its authenticity or the circumstance in which it was taken. The woman appeared to be wearing the same clothes she wore during a court appearance Wednesday.