Malaysia Airlines said on Sunday that passengers and crew on a flight from London to Kuala Lumpur suffered minor injuries because of severe turbulence.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH1, carrying 378 passengers and crew, experienced “a brief moment of severe turbulence” over the Bay of Bengal, the company said in a statement.
- AirAsia India flight delayed by over four hours, passenger complains of ill treatment
- Indigo flight delayed by five hours due to bad weather, passengers protest at IGI airport
- VIDEO: Air India flight faces heavy turbulence, three passengers injured; window panel falls off
- Qatar Airways flight from Washington hits severe turbulence
- Passengers injured due to turbulence in Malaysia Airlines flight
- 22 injured as Singapore Airlines aircraft hit by turbulence in Mumbai
A “small number” of injured passengers and crew on the flight, an Airbus A380, were treated by medical officers on arrival on Sunday, the company added.
Photos shared on social media showed toppled food carts, food strewn all over the aisle and cracks in overhead passenger units.