- LIVE UPDATES: BJP ends alliance with PDP in J&K; Mufti resigns; Omar Abdullah says no mandate to form govt
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Live streaming, Colombia vs Japan Live score: Colombia 1-1 Japan in first half
- BJP's move to snap ties with PDP raises possibility of Governor's rule: Here's how numbers stack up
The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency has informed that the Mexican drug lord, Hector “El Guero” Palma, has been transferred to immigration custody pending his deportation to Mexico.
The agency in a statement said that Palma was transferred from a US prison on Friday, one day ahead of his previously scheduled release date, “Palma will remain in ICE detention while the agency makes arrangements to carry out his removal to Mexico.”
- US sending 1,600 immigration detainees to federal prisons: report
- Groups protest transgender migrant’s death in US custody
- Mexico open World Cup preparation with goalless draw vs Wales
- US says crossing is full before caravan tries to seek asylum
- Detained by US, Mexican journalist fears death if deported
- Drug lord ‘El Guero’ Palma returns to Mexico after a decade in US prison
Local media have reported that Palma will be handed over next week at the Tijuana border crossing. But ICE said it won’t confirm the circumstances of the handover “for security and safety reasons.” It is unclear if there are still any charges pending against him in Mexico.