A small plane with four people on board crashed to the ground at a western Japanese airport on Saturday, leaving all four dead, an official and local media said.
Television footage showed the front and back of the fuselage as severely damaged, with the wing tips broken, and the crashed aircraft near a runway at Yao airport in Osaka.
- Mumbai plane crash: Residents say plane hit cables, probe team says still collecting evidence
- Mumbai: Five killed as 12-seater plane crashes in Ghatkopar
- Mumbai plane crash: Chartered aircraft crashes in Ghatkopar, five dead; black box recovered
- Malaysian plane skids off runway in Nepal; close shave for 139 on board
- Alegria plane crash: Timeline of aircraft accidents in 2018
- Nepal plane crash: All your questions answered
A local fire department official said that four people on board were found dead following the accident without involving anyone on the ground.
Jiji Press and public broadcaster NHK said the Mooney M20c took off from Kobe airport and tried to land at Yao airport.