The Republican Hindu Coalition organised a fundraiser for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Saturday night. In his keynote address, Trump focused on the relationship with India, saying that under the Trump administration, should he get elected, “Indian and Hindu community will have a true friend in the White House.”
Speaking to NDTV’s Sreenivasan Jain before the address, he also commented on India-Pakistan relations. Here are some of the top quotes of what Donald Trump had to say about India:
* I have great respect for Hindus. I have so many friends that are Hindu and they are amazing entrepreneurs. I have jobs going up in India right now. I have great respect for India. It’s an amazing country.
* (The India Pakistan conflict) is one of the great conflicts in the world right now. Hopefully everything will work out but there is tremendous conflict between India and Pakistan. There has been for quite some time. Just recently you had a lot of people killed.
At the event, Trump spoke about Narendra Modi, his likeness of Mumbai and the relations between India and US under the Trump administration.
* I look forward to working with Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has been very energetic in reforming India’s bureaucracy. Great man. I applaud him for doing so.
* I am a big fan of Hindu. I am a big fan of India.
* If I’m elected President, the Indian and Hindu community will have a true friend in the White House. That I can guarantee you.
* I’m involved in two massive developments in India…and that is because I have great confidence in India. Generations of Indian and Hindu Americans have strengthened our country…your values of hard work, education and enterprise have truly enriched our nation.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines