- India vs Bangladesh Live Cricket Streaming, Asia Cup 2018: Watch IND vs BAN match live stream on Hotstar, Jio TV and Airtel TV
- Live Cricket Score, Pakistan vs Afghanistan, Asia Cup 2018 Live Score: Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam fifties take Pakistan past 100
- Indian govt proposed Reliance as Rafale offset partner, we didn’t have a choice: Hollande
A city in southern China has gone ahead with an annual dog-meat eating festival despite heavy criticism and protests from animal rights activists.
The event this week in the city of Yulin has come to symbolize the cruelty and lack of hygiene associated with the largely unregulated industry.
Activists on Tuesday bought dogs from dealers who had been planning to slaughter them, while local residents complained that outsiders were ruining what they consider a local tradition.
- US House bans eating of dogs and cats
- China: Yulin gears up for controversial annual dog-meat festival
- Protesters file a huge petition against China dog meat festival
- Eateries in Chinese town hold dog meat festival amid outcry
- Dog meat festival held in China despite mounting protests
- China dog-eaters dodge activists with early feast
An estimated 10-20 million dogs are killed for their meat each year in China, and the Yulin event has become a lightning rod for criticism. Many of the dogs are believed to have been pets stolen from their owners.
The local government has in recent years sought to disassociate itself from the event.