- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s engagement bash: LIVE UPDATES
- Kerala floods LIVE: 194 dead as massive rescue ops underway in Chalakudy, Chengannur; red alert issued in 11 districts
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 1 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: Virat Kohli dismissed on 97 by Adil Rashid
A Chinese man was on Tuesday sentenced to death by a court for setting a passenger bus on fire which killed three people.
The defendant Xu Xiaofu sought revenge on society by causing the fire in 2014 which left three people dead and 16 others injured because his improper demands had not been met, Intermediate People’s Court of Yantai City in Shandong Province said, without specifying Xu’s demands.
- Ex-Bangladesh PM Khaleda Zia gets six-month bail in Cumilla bus arson case
- Two dead, several injured in series of accidents in Jharkhand
- Mexico passenger bus crash kills 3, injures 24 others
- Mandsaur farmer protest deaths: Judicial panel says firing was justified, necessary
- Khasi-Punjabi clashes: Why there is unrest in Meghalaya capital
- Arsonist sentenced to death in China for burning a bus
Xu torched the bus in the city of Longkou on August 20, 2014 with a bottle of petrol he carried in his bag.He poured petrol on clothes in the bag and set fire to the bus, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A passenger died at the scene and two others died in hospital. Six people were seriously injured.Xu escaped after the fire but was arrested by police two days later.
He was sentenced to death and deprived of political rights for life by the court.Xu said he would appeal against the sentence in a higher court.