Chinese-origin renowned yoga teacher Wai Lana will release a new short film and music video ‘Alive Forever’ on the occasion of the second International Day of Yoga on June 21.
This is a follow-up to last year’s inspirational Namaste music video, which Wai Lana specifically produced to celebrate the first ever International Day of Yoga.
“I was so delighted and honoured to receive so much positive feedback from Namaste and to see that it encouraged people to come together in unity,” Wai said in a media release on Wednesday.
She said this year she wanted to do something just assignificant and meaningful.
- Yoginis of Instagram: Hit the fitness button on International Yoga Day 2018
- PIB’s YouTube channel up and running, but misses PM’s Yoga Day event
- Kangana Ranaut is celebrating International Yoga Day in London
- From baseball to cricket, diplomats try a new pitch
- Mann ki Baat: Full text of PM Modi’s address
- Goat Yoga is the latest craze in the US; do you think it would work in India?
“Alive Forever is very, very special to me. It has such profound wisdom that I want to share with the world on this special day,” she said.
“I produced Alive Forever to help people become more aware of the very valuable, fundamental teaching of yoga—Aham Brahmasmi. This teaching, that I am an eternal spiritual being, I am not my body, and I will not die when my body dies, has been meditated upon by yogis for countless centuries and can help us to appreciate that we are more than these material bodies, that we are eternal spiritual beings,” she said.
Wai is the host of the long-running public television series Wai Lana Yoga, which has aired in the US and internationally for nearly two decades.