- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 price in India starts at Rs 20,999, sale date, launch offers, etc
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
At least 14 people have been killed and 147 others injured when a powerful explosion destroyed a prefabricated house and damaged nearby buildings and cars in northwest China’s Shaanxi province. The explosion hit five prefabricated houses at around 2pm (local time) yesterday, damaging nearby buildings at Xinmin Township, Fugu County.
Watch what else is making news:
Among the injured, 106 have been hospitalised and 41 have returned home following treatment, authorities in charge of rescue work said on Tuesday. Rescue efforts have mostly concluded, state-run Xinhua news agency reported Tuesday.
Initial investigation indicated that the explosion could be caused by explosives. The makeshift houses had been built inside a residential compound. The explosion also damaged 58 nearby houses and 63 cars. The prefab houses, owned by a local villager, were rented out in September. The owner of the houses is in police custody and an investigation is under way.