- Uruguay vs Russia Live Score FIFA World Cup 2018 Live Streaming: Uruguay 2-0 Russia in 1st half
- Rajasthan MLA Ghanshyam Tiwari resigns from BJP, says will fight undeclared emergency in the country
- India vs Pakistan Live Streaming Kabaddi Masters Dubai 2018 Live Online: IND vs PAK Kabaddi Match Time, TV Channel
The legislation to change “O Canada” still requires the approval of the Senate. The bill changes the second line of the anthem from “true patriot love, in all thy sons command” to “in all of us command.”
It passed 225-74 Wednesday in the House of Commons.
- US House Republicans delay immigration vote until next week
- US Senate backers of ZTE measure will battle Trump over Chinese firm
- Canada Senate approves recreational use of marijuana
- In Brexit showdown, British PM Theresa May faces issue of ‘meaningful vote’
- Trump, facing pushback, vows US will be stronger on trade
- Mexico’s lower house of Congress votes to strip politicians of immunity
The change was proposed by ailing Liberal lawmaker Mauril Belanger, who was diagnosed last November with Lou Gehrig’s disease and may not live to see it become law.
As the vote began, Liberal lawmakers stood and applauded Belanger, who sat in the House in his wheelchair. Belanger’s disease is a particularly aggressive version of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS.
The opposition Conservatives opposed the bill.