Explosions tore through the departure hall of Brussels airport and Maelbeek metro station in the city. Here’s what has been reported till now. For live updates, click here.
* At least 21 people have died and dozens of others injured in the multiple attacks.
* Reports said shots were fired and there were shouts in Arabic shortly before two blasts rang out at the airport.
* Belgian Prosecutor confirmed to agencies that the blasts were suicide attacks
* The blasts occurred four days after the arrest of Salah Abdeslam, a prime suspect in the November 2015 Paris attack, in Brussels.
* Authorities closed all metro stations in Brussels, but reports said that no casualties took place here.
* Brussels airport said it had cancelled all flights until at least 10:30 a.m. (IST) on Wednesday and the complex had been evacuated and trains to the airport have been stopped.
* All three main long-distance rail stations in Brussels were closed and train services on the cross-channel tunnel from London to Brussels were suspended.
* Maximum security measures are underway in Brussels after the blasts shook the city and everyone was asked to avoid all movement.
* In India, Jet Airways has cancelled all flights to and from Brussels.
* Sushma Swaraj tweeted saying a Jet Airways crew member was injured in the blasts