The Bangladesh Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) has detained four people, including a unit chief of banned militant outfit Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) from the militant group’s training centre in Tongi of Gazipur city.
Members of the JMB have been found involved in the series of targeted killings including the attacks on Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka and Sholakia Eid gathering in Kishoreganj.
Of the detainees, one was identified as the unit chief of JMB’s southern region, confirmed Legal and Media Wing Director Mufti Mahmud Khan, reports the Dhaka Tribune.
- Bangladesh police arrest another mastermind behind Dhaka cafe terror attack
- Head of militant group behind Dhaka attack dead: Bangladesh Police
- Four leaders of Bangladesh terror outfit have fled to India: Police
- Bangladesh: Security raids kill four suspected militants
- Two ‘JMB couples’ planning to flee to Pakistan arrested in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh forces arrest JMB leader Mahmudul Hassan Tanvir in raids following Dhaka attack
However, his name could not be ascertained yet.
Khan said that heavy ammunitions including firearms, improvised bombs and bomb making materials were also recovered in the drive conducted at the JMB training centre in Cherag Ali area early Thursday.
In a recent statement, the JMB has claimed that the group is now run under Salauddin alias Salehin alias Sajeeb, a death-row convict who was snatched from prison van on February 23, 2014.