Twelve people including two children died and 30 were injured when their bus turned over on Tuesday near the tourist resort of Cancun, emergency services said.
The bus crashed in the early hours in a wooded area of the Carrillo Puerto municipality, said Reyes Silvestre, head of the local civil protection rescue team.
- Uttar Pradesh: Private bus carrying labourers turns turtle in Mainpuri, 17 dead
- Kannauj bus accident: Six students, teacher mowed down on Agra-Lucknow expressway
- Uttar Pradesh: 7 killed in bus accident on Agra-Lucknow expressway
- Mumbai-Agra highway 10 killed, 12 injured as minibus rams into stationary truck
- School bus collides with private bus in Jaipur, 21 students injured
- Himachal Pradesh: Tragedy struck barely 250 metres from spot where most kids were to get off bus
There were 50 passengers on board, all Mexicans, Silvestre told AFP. The bus had driven some 200 kilometers (120 miles) from the Veracruz region headed for Cancun.
“Among the 12, there was a baby who died at the scene of the accident, and another child whose exact age we do not know, who died while being transferred to hospital,” Silvestre said.