Gary Rush, College Park, MD, holds a sign before a news conference on the Epstein files in front of the Capitol, Nov 18, in Washington. (AP Photo) Lawyers representing alleged victims of Jeffrey Epstein have alleged that their names were revealed without consent in the recent document release. According to the lawyers, the names of 28 victims were revealed when the House Oversight Committee released a series of documents and emails related to the Epstein case earlier this month.
Attorneys Bradley Edwards and Brittany Henderson said the release caused “widespread panic” among alleged victims. In a court filing earlier this week, the lawyers said the victims were given prior assurances that names would be redacted.

“I thought the government had promised to redact our names and identifying material. I don’t understand how this could happen again,” one victim told attorneys Bradley Edwards and Brittany Henderson of the law firm Edwards Henderson, according to a document filed in court on Wednesday.
“This kind of negligence on the part of the government toward a survivor is simply incomprehensible,” said another woman involved in the case. “I don’t understand how this is possible.”
“These women are not political pawns. They are mothers, wives, and daughters. These are women who were abused by Jeffrey Epstein, and in some instances by others, and who have already had their rights violated in the past by the Government,” the attorneys wrote in the filing to US District Judge Richard Berman.
“They are human beings who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to feel safe and protected by our country, which has failed them time and time again.”

The lawyers also claimed that the victims believe the names were intentionally released by the DOJ.
The lawyers said they believed that the Department of Justice “does not know the identities of all of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims and therefore cannot apply the appropriate redactions to the files,” or “is intentionally protecting the victims from public exposure.”
Judge Berman on Wednesday ordered the DOJ to offer a detailed description of the materials it holds and also explain the privacy process it plans to employ to protect the privacy rights of Epstein’s survivors by December 1.
This comes even as the DOJ is legally mandated under the Epstein Files Transparency Act to make “all unclassified records, documents, communications, and investigative materials in the possession” available in a searchable and downloadable format by December 19.