Donald Trump has raised an impressive $6 million and received pledges for another $4 million in his first fundraising event after emerging as presumptive Republican presidential nominee, a media report has said.
Trump, who self-funded his primary election campaign by putting more than $40 million from his own pocket has said that he intends to raise $1 billion for the November general elections which would include funding for the various Senate and Congressional campaigns.
Even though he entered into two separate agreements with the Republican National Committee (RNC) in this regard, Trump said he would continue to put money from his own pocket for his presidential elections, but would raise money for the Congressional elections with the sole objective of retaining the Republican majority in the US Congress.
According to ‘The Wall Street Journal’, Trump fundraiser was held on Wednesday evening at the Santa Monica home of Rachelle and Tom Barrack, the founder and chief executive of Colony Capital Inc, a Los Angeles-based investment firm with holdings across real estate and entertainment, and a longtime friend and business partner of Trump.
More than 100 donors gathered to hear Trump and Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus speak, the daily reported.
As per the agreement reached last week, for the Trump Victory Fund one can contribute a maximum of $449,400. Attending the dinner and reception and taking a photo with Trump cost $25,000 a person, the report said.
To be a member of the event’s host committee and attend the dinner and reception—among other perks—donors paid $100,000. Steven Mnuchin, Trump’s national finance chairman said the event had 18 hosts. Several donors at the event gave the maximum $449,400, the daily reported. Trump himself stayed at the fund-raiser for three and half hours.