At least 12 people, including an 83-year-old woman, were on Saturday killed in southwest China’s Tibet Autonomous Region after a powerful earthquake of 7.9 magnitude jolted neighbouring Nepal.
- Nepal earthquake death toll reaches 8,635, over 300 missing
- Nepal earthquake: Fresh tremors hit Nepal as quake toll rises to 65
- China evacuates people from quake-hit Tibetan town
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works as toll crosses 2,700
- LIVE: Nepal govt declares state of emergency as quake death toll rises over 1300
- 175 killed, 1,400 injured in strong quake in southwest China
The earthquake killed 12 people and seriously injured many others in Tibet, state-run Xinhua news agency cited local authorities as saying.
The woman was killed after her house collapsed in Nyelam County in Shigatse City.
The quake was felt in the cities of Lhasa and Shigatse. Houses were damaged in Nyelam County and telecommunication services were interrupted in counties on the China-Nepal border, the report said.