A terrified UK family fled their home after hundreds of deadly spiders swarmed out of a pack of bananas they had bought from a local shop.
Jamie and Crystal Roberts in Staffordshire were horrified when they found the creepy crawlies, believed to be Brazilian Wandering Spiders which are the world’s deadliest spiders, in the bananas they had bought from a local corner shop.
Jamie, 31, had spotted white patches covering the fruit and assumed it was harmless mould.
But when he took a closer look later he realised the bananas were infested with a spider nest containing hundreds of spiders.
“It was like something out of a horror film because suddenly the window sill was moving with hundreds of these spiders,” Jamie said.
Jamie fled his home, along with his wife Crystal, 30, and two children on the advice of the pest controllers, ‘mirror.co.uk’ reported.
The house was fumigated and the family was allowed to go back only after three days.
Pest controllers told the family they suspected the creatures were the deadly Brazilian Wandering Spiders.
They are considered the most toxic spiders on Earth and their venom is said to be 30 times more powerful than that of a rattlesnake.
Humans bitten by one can suffer an irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, vomiting and eventual death.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines