A slick of rice wine spilled from a truck caused a traffic accident Friday that killed 12 people in central China, authorities said.
A bus overturned on a road that was made slippery because of the rice wine, and another freight truck then crashed into the bus shortly after midnight, said the Xinxian county government in Henan province.
- Two dead, several injured in series of accidents in Jharkhand
- Vietnam minibus crash kills groom and 12 wedding guests
- Four deaths in 4 days: Back-to-back accidents raise safety concerns in Kolkata
- 18 killed, 14 injured in China coach-truck highway collision
- 17 killed in bus accident in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri
- 68 killed,100 injured in accidents,forest fire in China
Nine people were killed at the scene and three more died in hospital, the Xinxian government said on its web site. Nineteen other people were hospitalized.
Police have detained the drivers of the bus and the truck carrying the rice wine.
The accident took place at Xinyang, Henan, on the Daqing-Guanzhou expressway.