A slick of rice wine spilled from a truck caused a traffic accident Friday that killed 12 people in central China, authorities said.
A bus overturned on a road that was made slippery because of the rice wine, and another freight truck then crashed into the bus shortly after midnight, said the Xinxian county government in Henan province.
- 17 killed in bus accident in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri
- Mumbai-Agra highway 10 killed, 12 injured as minibus rams into stationary truck
- Gujarat: 19 killed as truck loaded with cement overturns near Dholera in Ahmedabad
- A chocolaty mess: Tons of liquid chocolate spilled on a six-lane highway after truck overturned
- Blast on truck carrying explosives in northern China kills seven
- 68 killed,100 injured in accidents,forest fire in China
Nine people were killed at the scene and three more died in hospital, the Xinxian government said on its web site. Nineteen other people were hospitalized.
Police have detained the drivers of the bus and the truck carrying the rice wine.
The accident took place at Xinyang, Henan, on the Daqing-Guanzhou expressway.