A Chinese youngster who dated 17 women at a time was on Tuesday arrested for fraud in south-central Hunan province, according to a media report.
The man, who was identified only by his surname Yuan, allegedly took large sums of money from some of the women and fathered a child with one of them, South China Morning Post reported.
- China plans personal income tax reform, raises tax threshold from 3500 to 5000 yuan per month
- Explained: What can Beijing do if China-US trade row worsens?
- Relishing Zongzi to racing dragon boats, here’s all the excitement you can catch at the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival
- China: Man ploughs car several times into pedestrians, two killed
- Sold North Korean brides face hard choices in China
- Unemployed couple in China ‘sells’ daughter to buy Apple iPhone
Yuan, who lives at Changsha in south-central Hunan province, made headlines last month after all the 17 women he dated reached hospital to meet him following a road accident, the report cited news portal Rednet.cn.
The women were stunned to find out they were going out with the same man.
After discovering that they were associated with the same man, they set up an online chat group called ‘revenge alliance’, where they shared details of their relationship with Yuan and discovered that he would ask some of his girlfriends for money, sometimes large sums, every month.
After learning of Yuan’s arrest, the women changed their chat group’s name to ‘angels’, saying they would now move on with their lives.