A woman sentenced to life imprisonment for corruption in China’s Xinjiang Autonomous Region evaded prison for ten years by getting pregnant 13 times before she was finally sent to jail by a court.
She actually claimed 14 pregnancies in 10 years, of which, one was false, and the remaining 13 were true.
The woman, whose surname is Zeng, was sentenced to life in prison for graft in 2005.
On October 17, 2005, Zeng was sentenced to life imprisonment by Urumqi Intermediate People’s Court. Due to her pregnancy at the time, the court made the probation decision.
- Rampal, 13 others sentenced to life by Chandigarh court
- Agra: Women’s home official gets life in jail for releasing 51 inmates without nod
- Punjab:Two cops get life in jail for killing boy in fake encounter 26 years ago
- 2012 Faridkot Rape-Kidnapping: After HC’s compensation verdict, cops call victim’s father over rape complaint
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: Release all convicts, Tamil Nadu to tell Governor
- Punjab and Haryana High Court sentences rape convict to 10 years in jail
When Zeng knew that she would be put in prison, she said she was pregnant again. After the probation decision, she went for an abortion.
Since 2006, Zeng has claimed 14 pregnancies, of which, one was false, and the remaining 13 were true, People’s Daily Online reported.
Recently, the Municipal Bureau of Justice resubmitted the suggestion to put her in prison to Urumqi Intermediate People’s Court.
Finally Zeng, who is now 39-year-old, has started to serve her sentence in prison.