A local authority in eastern China says eight miners are trapped in a coal mine and two bodies have been pulled out after a gas explosion.
The blast happened Friday night in Shangrao county in Jiangxi province.
The Shangrao government information office said in an online statement Saturday that 10 miners were initially trapped in the privately run Yongji Coal Mine. It gave no details on the cause of the blast.
- Four arrested in China coal mine blast incident
- Explosion in Chinese coal mine kills 20,traps 17
- Coal mine accident,shipyard explosion kill 33 in China
- 32 miners killed in different coal mine accidents in China
- China families protest mine disaster,toll hits 104
- China coal mine blast kills 35,44 missing
The official Xinhua News Agency reported that the mine’s owner was being questioned by police.
China’s mines are the world’s deadliest. There has been a dramatic drop in accidental deaths in recent years, partly as a result of improved safety measures but also because of falling coal production levels as the slowing economy reduces demand.