Alert passengers on board a United Airlines flight averted a potentially dangerous situation when they subdued a young co-passenger started yelling “Jihad! Jihad!” and appeared to threaten a hijacking.
- IndiGo flight makes emergency landing in Indore as man suffers cardiac arrest
- Air India restricts US-bound passengers from carrying ‘powder-like substance’ in handbags
- Bali airport shut as Agung volcano gushes ash
- Twenty-five Air India flights delayed due to software malfunction
- Air India may have to pay US Dollar 8.8 million penalty to passengers for flight delay
- US airplane engine explodes mid-air: How 20 minutes of sheer terror played out onboard Southwest airlines
United Flight 1074 bound for Denver returned to Dulles International Airport outside Washington, DC last night after passengers pounced on a man who had yelled “Jihad! Jihad!”, according to comments posted on Reddit.
The flight returned to Dulles at around 10:40 pm after a”disturbance onboard,” New York Daily News quoted Kimberly Gibbs, a spokeswoman for Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority as saying. Gibbs said she did not know what happened on the flight.
The Boeing 737 was carrying 33 passengers and 6 crew. Law enforcement personnel met the aircraft at the gate and detained the passenger and took him to a hospital for evaluation, Gibbs said.
Videos posted to Reddit showed a young man with facial cuts who had been subdued by several passengers after witnesses said he had made a run for the plane’s cockpit. A video posted on YouTube shows the passenger being
subdued and crying, “I’m sorry”, as a voice tells him not to move.preparing to take off again for Denver International Airport.