In the west, wedding toasts are a pretty big deal, especially if you’re related to the bride or the groom. Weddings toasts are supposed to be this sappy speech where most people celebrate a couple’s love. But two sisters in California took the wedding toast to a whole new level with their epic performance. A video of their “speech” has since then gone viral.
As this BuzzFeed post points out, Kelsey and Maddie Hallerman were co–maids of honour at their sister Caitlin’s wedding in June, where they delivered this unique and non-sappy toast.
- Samantha Akkineni shares a video from her dreamy wedding with Naga Chaitanya
- VIDEO: This Indian uncle’s dance moves on Govinda’s song are breaking the Internet
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s reception: Priyanka Chopra attends the intimate affair
- Sonam Kapoor thanks Anil Kapoor for loving her and Anand Ahuja ‘unconditionally’
- Mika Singh on Sonam Kapoor’s reception: Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan took the whole atmosphere to another level
- Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja wedding: All you should know about the three-day starry affair
The sisters start by saying, “We lived in your shadow too long and now its time for us to step into the spotlight.” With that they get straight into a song medley, having re-written lyrics to songs like “Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman, “Everybody” by the Backstreet Boys and “Black or White” by Michael Jackson.
The versions by the sisters include references to the love-story of their now-married sister and brother-in-law. At one point in the middle of their performance, they even say, “You think it’s over, but it’s not,” in reference to their toast. They might not be the best singers but they put on quite a performance.
Watch the video below: (App users click here for video)