A doctor was brutally assaulted by unidentified men in a hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur District on Sunday when a hospital ambulance failed to reach on time.
The doctor said that he was beaten by a group of men while he was attending to patients in the emergency ward of the district hospital.
- Alwar lynching victim’s friend said assailants claimed to be MLA’s men: Police
- Surat: Farmer’s 90-minute swim across swollen river to get son to hospital ends in tragedy
- Man lynched, another beaten up in Alwar: The many cases of suspected ‘child lifters’ being lynched across India
- Maharashtra: 2 men lynched in Aurangabad district on suspicion of being robbers
- Attack on Dr Kafeel Khan’s brother: Victim involved in property dispute, say cops; kin allege delayed treatment
- Rail bogey turned into maternity ward in Uttar Pradesh
“Several unidentified men brutally started beating me and even abused me. A person even made a video of the entire incident and shared with me on Whatsapp. An FIR has been filed by the police against unknown persons,” Dr. Akhilesh Singh said.
Meanwhile, all nurses and the doctors of the district hospital have gone on a strike demanding security.
Sitapur (UP): Doctor beaten up by unidentified men when hospital ambulance failed to reach on time (20th Sep) pic.twitter.com/sbhj4ngxhi
— ANI (@ANI_news) September 21, 2015