Indian dairy brand Amul Co-operative Ltd, which releases topical ads to take a jibe at situations, has now taken a dig at the ongoing tiff between censor board chief Pahlaj Nihalani and makers of “Udta Punjab”.
The dairy company came out with a special advertisement surrounding the controversy of the film “Udta Punjab”, a movie which delves into the drug menace of Punjab and for which the censor board has ordered 89 cuts.
- Udta Punjab verdict a slap on PM Modi’s ‘intolerant’ regime: Arvind Kejriwal
- Akshay Kumar, Chunky Pandey have funny takes on Udta Punjab controversy
- Mukesh Bhatt, on behalf of film industry, demands Pahlaj Nihalani’s removal
- Udta Punjab row: CBFC chief says AAP financed movie, party calls him ‘bhakt’
- Creativity shouldn’t be killed: Amitabh Bachchan on ‘Udta Punjab’ row
- Censor board Chief Pahlaj Nihalani faces calls for sack, sparks row over money deal
They all look puzzled at a pair of scissors, symbolising the multiple cuts that the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has demanded from the Abhishek Chaubey directorial.
The caption given to the ad reads: “Ladta Pahlaj”
— Amul.coop (@Amul_Coop) June 8, 2016
Co-produced by Phantom Films and Balaji Motion Pictures, “Udta Punjab” is scheduled to be released on June 17.