What would you do if you spot the world’s second most venomous snake hiding in your bed. Won’t it make your blood run cold? Well, as unbelievable as it sounds, something similar happened to a couple from Brisbane who got the shock of their life when they found an eastern brown snake slithering in their bedroom.
Shared on Facebook by Snake Catcher Brisbane, Logan & Redlands – Elite Snake Catching Services, the post grabbed many eyeballs and left most of the readers petrified. “The Eastern brown snake ranks as the second most venomous land snake on the planet. Fortunately, these guys have no interest in humans and are only dangerous when interacted with, however, in a situation like this the outcome could have been unfavourable,” Elite Snake Catchers wrote.
According to the team, the snake was safely removed and relocated away from the property. Giving some tips to handle such daredevil situations, they also wrote: “Always remember to leave snakes alone and call a professional snake catcher to deal with the situation.” The Facebook post, meanwhile, has gone viral with over 2,300 reactions and more than 2,000 shares.
Check out the post here.
People freaked out after looking at the post and started discussing ways to be more wary of reptiles. “Great. So now in addition to checking my shoes, and the toilet, for snakes, I also need to pat down my bed,” one commenter wrote. “That’s it!!! From now on sleeping with all windows and doors closed!!”another one said.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines