Updated: July 4, 2016 6:01:59 pm
Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland is not just a mere book meant for light reading. If we take a closer look, there’s a lot more that this story has to tell in the form of a child-like narration. In between all this there are a lot of inner meanings that come to life with the story. We learn a lot about life through the medium of the story. On the occasion of Alice In Wonderland Day – which is said to mark the first telling of this famous children’s story to his young inspiration Alice Liddell – we bring to you 10 quotes that might seem superficial whilst reading but give a piercing insight into life.
1. “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” – The Duchess
2. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” – Alice to herself
3. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” – Alice to the Mock Turtle
4. “We’re all mad here.” – Cheshire Cat
5. “People might think you’re crazy for what you believe or wear or say, but it doesn’t matter.” – Cheshire Cat
6. “Have I gone mad? I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.” – The Mad Hatter
7. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” – Cheshire Cat
8. “I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.” – Alice
9. “How long is forever?” – Alice
“Sometimes, just one second.” – White Rabbit
10. “If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there” – Cheshire Cat to Alice
Which is your favourite line from the book? Tell us in the comments.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.