Marking the 124th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, Google on Tuesday changed its doodle to an image of the revolutionary Indian leader.
The doodle is featuring in 7 countries apart from India across 3 continents, including Argentina, Chile, India, Ireland, Peru, Poland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Who was Georges Lemaitre?
- Georges Lemaitre, physicist who proposed Big Bang theory, honoured with Google doodle
- Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis, Indian statistician, remembered with a Google doodle on 125th birth anniversary
- Google Doodle celebrates the 103rd birth anniversary of Glass chemist Marga Faulstich
- Google Doodle pays tribute to Dr Virginia Apgar on her 109th birth anniversary
- Google Doodle celebrates the birthday of India’s first female doctor, Anandi Gopal Joshi
The doodle which shows an image of Babasaheb is a tribute to the Father of the Indian constitution who was a front face in the Indian freedom movement and an ardent social reformer who stood for Dalit rights and women’s empowerment.
Ambedkar who passed away in 1952 had made an unparalleled contribution to the formation of India. Various Indian politicians also took this occasion to pay their respects to the late leader.