Following in line with their Mother’s Day 2015 doodle, Google put out an animated doodle to wish dads across species a happy Father’s day.
- Children’s Day 2018 celebrated with a Google doodle on space exploration
- Google doodle: Why should we remember Tyrus Wong
- Who was Tyrus Wong?
- Burning Man to PAC-MAN, a look at Google’s top doodles over 20 years
- Teachers’ Day 2018: Google celebrates with an animated doodle
- Like mother’s day, Google doodle illustrates ‘Cactus daddy’ to celebrate Father’s Day 2017
The animated doodle shows the father-child relationship with a male penguin protecting its egg, a pup imitating his dad, kittens perched on a cat’s back and a human kid surprising his had with a gift.
According to the doodler, Olivia Huynh, all these images are meant to portray the “universality of familial love.”
Father’s day is celebrated to honour fatherhood and it’s influence on society on the third Sunday of June in most countries.