WhatsApp the Facebook-owned social networking platform has introduced a new feature which is extremely helpful to users overnight. WhatsApp on Tuesday introduced a new feature which will help users share their location with friends and family in real-time. This is a good feature as users can keep a tab on their friends and families until they reach their destination making people know that their friends and family members are safe.
“Whether you’re meeting up with friends, letting loved ones know you’re safe, or sharing your commute is a simple and secure way to let people know where you are,”
said the company in a blog post.
With this new feature is intended to work as a safety kit for users. With the help of this feature, users can keep a check on their friends and families, if they are safe or not. If the users are stuck somewhere or not going from the usual route their friends and families can check on them by calling or texting.
Here’s how you can start sharing real-time location with people
- Firstly you will need to update the app from the Play/App Store
- Open the app, and go to the contact you want to share the location with
- Now, open the Attachment option and press on the location tab
- There will be a new option called “Share Live Location”, press that
- Now set the duration you want to share the location with the contact and press send
- Now, the contact will be able to see your live location on a map