On Maharashtra Day, Uber is looking to bridge the distance between Pune and Mumbai by introducing uberINTERCITY, which will allow users to commute between the two cities by paying a flat rate of just Rs 3,999.
- Uber ‘on track’ for IPO in 2019, no plans to sell tech unit: CEO
- Uber rolls out safety features for drivers, passengers
- Flying taxis: what is being planned for cities in US, possibly in India later
- India fastest growing country for Uber Eats with 12,000 restaurants
- Uber AIR: Here is everything you need to know
- Uber Air: India among five countries shortlisted for Uber’s air mobility concept
The inter-city option is being lauched for a limited time period after sensing a demand from frequent travellers between the two cities. Uber’s flat-rate will be inclusive of all toll charges and service tax.
Shaliesh Salwani, Mumbai GM, Uber said, “We’re really excited to roll this out as a test. Both our driver and rider communities have been asking for it for some time now and it’s another step toward building bespoke products and solutions that are extremely local and relevant. It’s one of the many things we are doing specific to the Indian market.”
In keeping with Uber’s commitment to safety, Send Status and the SOS Button will also feature in UberINTERCITY. There is also a fare split option for those who want to share the ride with friends.