Nokia India announced a partnership with New India Assurance,a global insurance group,to safeguard Nokias consumers against risks of mobile handset loss and damage. This includes thefts,burglary,malicious acts,riots among others,as well as damage that is beyond the purview of the consumers standard warranty.
The insurance plan’s minimum premium is Rs 50 or 1.25 per cent of Nokia device’s cost. The plan will be available from March 14 on all Nokia devices purchased through Nokia Branded Retail stores across the country,initially in Delhi and the NCR,Jaipur,Mumbai,Ahmedabad,Pune,Kolkata,Chennai,Hyderabad,Bengaluru and Cochin.
Users will have to furnish identity proof like Voter ID card,PAN card,driver’s licence and passport during the purchase.
The plan covers Nokia devices against:
* Third party threatening to use violence resulting in damage or theft of device.
* Accidental damage to the exterior/interior components.
* Damage caused by external impact on the device due to dropping and/or other deliberate action by third party.
* Damage caused by accidental entry of fluid in the devices internal circuitry
Theft & Burglary
* Loss of device through housebreaking.
* Loss of device riots,strikes and other malicious acts
* Theft of device from locked or unattended building,room or vehicle