Less than two months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined Viber’s Public Chat, his platform on Tuesday has become the biggest Chat till date in India.Within weeks of joining, Narendra Modi has got more than 8.5 lakh followers on Viber. Modi joined Viber Public Chat on January 26th 2015, on the occasion of Republic Day.
Being one of the most influential personalities on the internet, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been reaching out to billions of his followers and fans through some of the most popular social media platforms.
Modi has been using social media to showcase various projects and initiatives undertaken by the Government of India and motivate people to serve the nation through campaigns like Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Jan Dhan Yogna, and Budget Updates.
- PM Modi gives UP projects worth Rs 33,000 crore, flays SP, BSP for stalling development in state
- Congress only gave slogans, PM Modi gave resources for rural India’s development: Arun Jaitley
- PM Modi third most followed world leader on Twitter, Sushma Swaraj most popular among women leaders
- Twitter’s crackdown against fake accounts: Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Virat Kohli likely to lose followers
- Priyanka Chopra joins star-studded Viber public chats
- PM Narendra Modi joins Instagram; posts first picture from Myanmar
Modi launched his Public Chat on January 26th 2015 by saying, “Hello World! Great being on Viber”
Launched last year, Public Chats allows users to discover, share and follow live discussions from a wide variety of known personalities, celebrities and brands across genres like music, sports, politics, fashion, entertainment and more, using the familiar interface of the instant messaging platform.
“We are extremely honoured to announce that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s Public Chat has become the biggest Viber Public Chat in India within a month of its launch. Being one of the most influential personalities on social media, Shri Narendra Modi has been continuously encouraging the use of digital platform” said Anubhav Nayyar, Country Head, Viber India.