It seems YouTube was down for some users for the first time in ages. YouTube, world’s biggest video-sharing platform suffered a brief outage today.
The reason for the outage is not clear but The Next Web reports, the issue could be related to certain servers and the outage may not be a global one.
YouTube’s site during the downtime displayed an error code with a follow-up line saying, “Sorry, something went wrong. A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation” reports The Register.
- OnePlus 6 to Samsung Galaxy Note 8: YouTube lists the best phones for watching video
- YouTube’s Dark mode starts to go live on Android devices: Here’s how to set it up
- Government may tweak IT rules to tackle new challenges on social media
- Instagram’s IGTV is here: Should YouTube be worried at all?
- Top 5 must-have Google apps for Android to save data and boost your productivity
- Twitter suffers brief outage in India
The website might have gone down for a brief moment but it seems to be back online now. YouTube, the largest repository for videos online, had recently launched its offline video feature.
YouTube had recently launched an updated save offline feature for Indian users which allowed people to save video during night hours over data networks to take advantage of cheaper data cost.
While YouTube’s downtime was relatively short, we are yet to get any official information from Google.