Reliance Jio has opened up its much awaited 4G services for the general public on trial basis. But a person will be able to buy its SIM only after getting invite from employees of Reliance Industries group firms.
Another rider for availing the service is that the person will have to buy a LYF handset being sold by Reliance Digital. The LYF handset are available in the price range of Rs 5,599 to Rs 19,499 apiece.
“As we inch closer towards our commercial launch, we are providing our near and dear ones (Yes you!) a chance to test out our network,” an invite from an employee said.
- Jio Phone 2 next sale flash sale on August 30: Price, specifications, and everything else to note
- Jio Phone Exchange offer now live: Jio Phone at Rs 501, here are the details
- Reliance Jio cries foul over tender rules of govt funded telecom projects
- Reliance Jio crosses 200 million subscribers mark in less than two years
- Jio Double Dhamaka Data offer recharge plan: Now get 1.5GB extra data per day
- Reliance Jio 4G service: SIM, speed-tests, pricing and everything else to know
Under the scheme, any RIL group firm employee can invite 10 people to buy Jio’s 4G SIM and LYF handset. The connection will come bundled with unlimited 4G mobile internet and phone calls service for 90 days. The invitee will need to pay Rs 200 to activate services.
It will also grant users free unlimited access to Jio’s 4G mobile applications like Jio Play, Jio On-demand, JioMag, JioBeats, Jio Drive etc for 90 days.
RIL recently said over 5 lakh users are using its network during the trial phase. It has seen average monthly
consumption per user is in excess of 18GB within the first month of service and average voice usage is over 250 minutes within the first month.
On April 22, the company said, “The launch is now being expanded to others in the ecosystem. This test programme will be progressively upgraded into commercial operations in coming months.”