State-run telecom firm MTNL, which offers services in Delhi and Mumbai, will soon launch free roaming scheme, allowing customers to receive calls at no extra cost while traveling across the country.
BSNL already has such a scheme in place. At present, MTNL customers have to pay roaming charges for incoming calls when they go outside of Delhi and Mumbai.
MTNL Chairman and Managing Director NK Yadav told PTI the scheme will be announced soon and they are finalising the dates.
- BSNL’s Eid combo offer of Rs 786 offers 2GB daily data, unlimited calls, and more
- MTNL increases 3G mobile data limit up to 3 times at the same price
- MTNL to offer free roaming from Jan 1: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- BSNL,MTNL working to offer free roaming for their customers
- MTNL starts home delivery of telecom connections
- MTNL launches pre-paid broadband service in Mumbai
The government under National Telecom Policy 2012 has set a goal to achieve free roaming gradually.
Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad during a meeting of consultative committee attached to the Ministry of Communication and IT informed Members of Parliament (MPs) that MTNL is planning to launch free roaming soon.
Moreover, MTNL has also increased minimum broadband speed to two mega bit per second (Mbps) and is offering free broadband for one month to its landline customers.