Micromax has announced that it has sold more than half a million Canvas Spark smartphones in the past two and a half months. Micromax has announced that there will be an open sale for the affordable 3G smartphone on July 27 and 28 exclusively on Snapdeal.
“We are humbled by the overwhelming response especially from young consumers. This success has also strengthened our partnership with Snapdeal, who shares our vision to deliver superb value to consumers. With the first ever open sale of Canvas Spark we hope that many more fans of this model will be able to buy this device,” said Vineet Taneja, CEO, Micromax.
The Canvas Spark was launched back in April 2015 at a price of Rs 4,999. The smartphone has a 4.7-inch qHD (540 x 960) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The device is powered by a 1.3GHz Mediatek MTK6582 quad-core processor and features 1GB RAM along with 8GB internal memory further expandable via microSD card.
- Micromax Canvas 2 Plus with 5.7-inch 18:9 display, 4000mAh battery launched: Price, specifications
- Micromax Canvas Spark 3 flash sale on June 2: Here’s what you must know before buying
- Micromax Canvas Spark 2 Plus is the cheapest Android Marshmallow-based phone at Rs 3,999
- Micromax Canvas Spark 3 Snapdeal registrations now open; flash sale on April 7
- Micromax Canvas Spark 3 launched at Rs 4,999; Snapdeal sale from April 7
- Micromax Canvas Spark 2 3G smartphone launched with Android 5.1 Lollipop at Rs 3,999
The Canvas Spark sports a 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera and has 2000mAh bettery to keep it running. The Canvas Spark is a dual-SIM smartphone with support for 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The device runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.
— Snapdeal.com (@snapdeal) July 22, 2015
“The record sale of over half a million devices within such a short span of time is a testimony to a successful synergy between Snapdeal and Micromax. We are very excited about the upcoming open sale and are confident that this will be a bigger success,” said Kunal Bahl, Co-founder and CEO, Snapdeal.
Vineet Taneja added, “We expect sales of canvas spark to touch a new high in the coming week which will further strengthen our leading position in India.”
Read more: Micromax Canvas Spark Express Review