Google India today launched the ‘Android Skilling’ program in the country that will aim to train two million Android app developers. The new certification program will unveil a slew of initiatives to skill, educate, and certify millions of students and developers in Android Development.
Google announced the launch of a specially designed instructor-led training program on Android Fundamentals. This will be made available across public, private universities and training institutes of the National Skill Development Corporation of India. The in-person training module integrated into the course curriculum will be introduced within this calendar year at no additional fee.
The Android Fundamentals course will also be available, free of charge, on NPTEL (an initiative of the IITs and IISc) as part of its online Mobile Computing course starting 18th July 2016.
- OnePlus 6 gets Android P Beta 2 with Google Lens integration, Ambient Display and more
- Ramdev’s Kimbho app taken down from Google Play Store, Patanjali explains why
- Android P beta build for Nokia 7 Plus, Google Pixel, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s, more devices: Here’s how to install
- Google I/O 2018: Android P, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to be focus
- Google I/O 2018 keynote livestream details, how to watch, India timings, and more
- Google introduces scholarship to prepare 1.3 lakh Indians for cloud tech, AI and more
Additionally, Google has tied up with training partners like Edureka, Koenig, Manipal Global, Simplilearn, Udacity and UpGrad who will operate as Authorised Android Training Partners in India.
Google will train their trainers and to update their Android courseware to prepare students for the Android Certification and a career in Android development.
Speaking at the launch, Caesar Sengupta, VP, Product Management at Google said, “India is expected to have the largest developer population globally, overtaking the US, by 2018, with four million developers. But today only 25 per cent of developers are building for mobile. By building a world class curriculum and making it easily accessible to millions of students and developers in India, we want to contribute to the Skill India initiative and help make India the global leader in mobile app development.”
Google also announced the launch of its globally recognised job-oriented Associate Android Developer Certification—a performance-based exam that will help successful candidates to get an entry-level Android Developer jobs in the Industry. After training, aspiring candidates can log on to the Google Developer training website and take the certification exam priced at Rs 6,500.