India has become the tenth country globally and the second in Asia after Japan to get the Amazon Kindle Unlimited service. The service will offer users access to unlimited books for Rs 199 per month. A six-month subscription will cost Rs 999 at Rs 166.50 per month, while an annual subscription will be a cheaper at Rs 149.92 per month adding up to Rs 1,799.
“Users will be able to access unlimited books using the service, however at any given point of time the can store only 10 titles in the cloud,” said Sanjeev Jha, director of Kindle content for India. “Our objective here is discoverability and we want to make the entire experience frictionless,” he told IndianExpress.com.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018: The best deals on Echo speakers, Kindle, Fire TV and more
- Amazon Prime Now app to offer OnePlus 6 to Redmi 5; delivery in under 2 hours
- Amazon Prime Now delivers Fire TV Stick, Kindle and Echo smart speakers in 2 hours
- Vodafone offers free Live TV subscription with its unlimited combo prepaid packs
- Airtel, Amazon to offer Rs 2600 cashback on budget 4G smartphones: Here’s how it will work
- Amazon warns Kindle users for software update before March 22
Kindle Unlimited will lets readers access books across genres, including fiction, health, productivity, business and economics, biographies, childrens books. Amazon is also offering the first month of subscription at Rs 99 from today till September 30.
Incidentally, the same service has a monthly subscription charge of $9.99 in the US. “We just want people to read. We think that if we reduce the friction posed by pricing, people will read more. It is not about capturing a slice of the pie, but about growing the pie. And it works for us all the time,” added Jha.
Kindle Unlimited readers will also get option to choose from exclusive Kindle titles, and get access to other features like Whispersync, Popular Highlights, X-Ray, and customer reviews. The Kindle service can be accessed on Kindle devices and free Kindle reading apps for iPhone, iPad, Android tablets and phones, PC and Mac.