Airtel has announced a new scheme offering prepaid consumers the freedom to use data plans without any fear of their validity period expiring before the plans are used. The company claims these new data plans with unrestricted validity are a first in the Indian market.
Ajai Puri, Director – Market Operations, Bharti Airtel said these unrestricted validity data plans “give prepaid customers the flexibility to enjoy mobile internet services without worrying about any validity restrictions”.
- Airtel Rs 597 prepaid recharge plan vs Jio Rs 509 prepaid plan vs Vodafone 569 prepaid plan
- Airtel Rs 597 recharge plan offers unlimited voice calls, 10GB data for 168 days
- Jio Double Dhamaka recharge plan: We compare it to Airtel’s prepaid plans
- Airtel’s Rs 299 prepaid recharge offer with unlimited calling, free SMS unveiled: Report
- Airtel’s Rs 449 plan: Here’s how it competes with plans from Jio, Vodafone
- Vodafone Rs 511, Rs 569 recharge packs offer 84 days validity, up to 3GB daily data
The three new tariff plans are available for Airtel’s prepaid mobile customers in Delhi and Mumbai starting December 24. Airtel mobile customers in other cities will be able to avail the same from December 29.
However, the catch seems to be the fact the largest of these plans is a measly 110MB which on a 4G network won’t take more than a couple of days to complete.
Airtel unlimited validity option is available for 2G, 3G and 4G.