WhatsApp has announced its own set of stickers, which will be rolled out for Android and iOS users in the coming weeks. The sticker packs include stickers such as smiling teacup, crying broken heart and more, created by designers at WhatsApp as well as other artists. In addition, WhatsApp has added support for third-party sticker packs as well, which will allow developers from around the world to create stickers for the platform.
“From emoji and camera features to Status and animated GIFs, we’re always looking to add new features that make communicating with friends and family on WhatsApp easy and fun. Today, we’re excited to introduce a new way for people to express themselves with stickers,” WhatsApp said in a blog post.
WhatsApp sticker packs are live for Android and iOS beta. WhatsApp Android users can update to version 2.18.329 to access the feature, while it is included in version 2.18.100 for iOS users. It looks like a total of 12 sticker packs are available for download for free. Once users download a sticker pack, they can use the stickers offline as well.
Let us take a look at how to use new sticker packs on WhatsApp:
• Open keyboard in a chat, where users should see a new sticker button.
• A new Stickers Store will open when users click on the sticker button.
• WhatsApp also has a dedicated Sticker Category that one can access by tapping the + icon at the top. Currently, the Stickers category has 12 sticker packs including Cuppy by Minseung Song, Bibimbap Friends by Pete Ellison, Biscuit by Ghostbot etc.
• One can download as many sticker packs they like.
• Next, users can simply select the sticker they want to share and send to chat.
• WhatsApp stickers can be accessed from WhatsApp Web as well app.
• There is a favourite tab as well, which allows users to mark their favourite stickers by tapping on the star option.
• The history tab shows all the previously used stickers in one template.
New Stickers feature for WhatsApp was announced at the Facebook F8 annual developer conference this year.